With business analytics you can take control of your complete manufacturing operation to maximize quality, efficiency, and output.
The Business Analytics Challenge
Life science companies in the manufacturing industry need to conform to regulatory compliances with GMP, cGMP, GLP, cGLP, and several other quality and safety guidelines - not to mention any manufacturers who need FDA regulatory compliancy. Doing more with less is a running trend in this sector.
Many life sciences companies have isolated manufacturing processes with facility-specific production, planning and monitoring systems. When operated in virtual isolation to each other, excess delays, inventory, and higher costs can occur.
With business analytics you can find the accurate information needed quickly. Gaining global data across your industry will leverage you to make faster and smarter decisions on improving visibility into operational processes, manufacturing sites, staffing, equipment, and product quality. While preserving the peak levels of safety and compliance, business analytics can increase plant efficiency, lower inventory and waste, and reduce production costs.
The Business Analytics Solution
Life science manufacturers who use high-performance business analytics and self-service BI apps can:
- Drive sourcing and procurement efficiencies
- Measure and monitor plant utilization and efficiency
- Manage asset infrastructure more efficiently and consistently
- Improve enterprise governance of risk, safety, and regulatory compliance
- Improve collaboration with partners and suppliers with visibility across the entire value chain
Advanced business analytics lets life science organizations improve production forecasting and reduce manufacturing facility downtime. In addition, companies can:
- Identify staffing and supply gaps, measure and trend production and capacity, and improve performance
- Better monitor and schedule calibrations, cleanings, and in-house equipment audits
- Ensure GMP, cGMP, GLP, cGLP compliance
It is critical to reduce production costs and waste, reducing the time and effort in compliance activities. Not only do business analytics give you the advantage of the latest initiatives by regulatory agencies for electronic recording keeping, but your production planners and managers can:
- Refine/extend process improvement methodologies (Six Sigma, Lean)
- Integrate production data with other business and compliance data
- Contribute to higher levels of customer service and regulatory confidence
- Extend operational cost reductions beyond the production floor
Having a business analytics dashboard can give life science firms an overall view of the business and the ability to dig into details, identify issues, and solve problems more efficiently. In this way, they can remain compliant with key standards, while improving how they operate and better service customers.
Choosing an Analytics Consultant
There are few industries as complex and data intensive as manufacturing organizations. The Copley Consulting Group knows there are several factors to determine the right fit for your organization. When working to implement your analytics solution, Copley can provide the technology and support needed for your specific industry and business. To discuss an analytics solution for your organization, complete our contact form, call us at 855-884-5305, or email us at email@example.com.